- About PROSE
- Devices Used in PROSE
- Treatment Process
- Symptoms and Treatment Success
- Insurance and Financial Aid
- Schedule a Consultation
- Conditions PROSE Treats
- PROSE Treatment Brochures
- Prosthetic Device Use and Care
- Application and Removal Video
- Assisted Application and Removal
- New to PROSE - FAQs
- PROSE Patients - FAQs
About BostonSight® PROSE Treatment
BostonSight PROSE (prosthetic replacement of the ocular surface ecosystem) is a treatment pioneered by BostonSight that restores visual function, supports healing, reduces symptoms and improves quality of life for patients suffering with complex corneal disease. BostonSight PROSE treatment uses FDA approved (1994) custom designed and fabricated prosthetic devices to replace or support impaired ocular surface system functions. BostonSight PROSE treatment is available at top-ranked academic medical centers and clinics across the U.S.
During treatment doctors customize prosthetic devices for each patient’s condition and unique eye shape. Prosthetic devices are manufactured on site at our state of the art Manufacturing Lab. BostonSight PROSE devices have been approved by the FDA since 1994 for the treatment of ocular surface disease and ectasia. PROSE treatment uses the only scleral lens prosthetic devices that are approved by the FDA for therapeutic indications.
The goals of BostonSight PROSE treatment are to:
- Reduce symptoms and support healing by restoring a healthy ocular surface environment
- Improve blurry vision by masking surface corneal irregularities and transmitting a sharp image to the back of the eye
- Prevent damage by protecting the cornea against the environment and eyelids
PROSE is available at top-ranked academic medical centers and clinics around the world through our BostonSight Network. Treatment is covered by many major insurance carriers and financial assistance is available for those who qualify.